Why Rental Properties Are Such a Great Investment
There are so many ways we can invest our money, it’s no wonder it’s difficult to choose. But investing in rental properties have so many advantages that outweigh other options by a great deal.
Here are just some of the reasons to choose rental properties as your investment strategy:
- Everyone needs shelter. But not everyone can purchase a home. So no matter how the real estate market fluctuates through the years, renters and rental properties are here to stay, in every neighborhood, in every country on the planet.
- There have always been landlords. There always will be landlords. Standing the test of time, land ownership and management has always been part of society, and isn’t going anywhere. As the famous quotation from the 1939 film, “Gone with the Wind” states: “… land is the only thing in the world worth workin’ for, worth fightin’ for, worth dyin’ for, because it’s the only thing that lasts.”
- The options within real estate investment are endless. Investing in rental properties can lead you in so many different directions to suit your financial and management needs. So whether you’re drawn to single family rental homes, multi-unit apartments, or commercial office buildings, the type of tenant you seek to rent from you is just around every corner.
- There are always great deals to be found. Sure, the real estate market fluctuates. But there is always someone out there selling a property below market rate, and the right buyer just needs to be at the right place at the right time to take advantage of this.
- Passive income. The majority of your work on your rental property will take place on the front end, and then only intermittently. Once you’ve gotten your working system in place, your investment keeps working for you, without the need to punch a time clock every day to generate revenue.
- Tax benefits. Don’t forget that your rental property not only bring cash flow in, but there are tax benefits that help keep money from going out as well. And property value appreciates over time with the correct circumstances.
- Inside tips are encouraged. In real estate, the more you know about factors that could influence times to buy and sell the better. Unlike the stock market, where insider information is illegal, knowing information that foreshadows investment strategies in real estate can help you tremendously.